General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Several Tumblr based comics seem "broken" in Comic Rocket

It seems like several Tumblr based comics are not correctly scanned by Comic Rocket. For example, Steve Rodgers' American Captain has only 3 pages up to March 30, 2013, and A Stray in the Woods has 69 pages only up to January 26, 2013. Both of these have more pages, and have been more recently updated.

Perhaps this might fall under the "option to scan manually" request—or perhaps there's some bug or annoying feature of Tumblr that gets in the way of Comic Rocket properly indexing these webcomics? It doesn't happen to all Tumblr comics—e.g., You're All Jealous of My…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow folks editing comics to add a url for the third comic as well to prevent errors

Comics on meetmyminion.com, for instance, don't scan right because of the way multiple comics exist on the same domain. A box for the third comic's url might allow for a "guess and check" so that if comic rocket would have chosen a different third one, it knows that something is amiss. Maybe there is another solution for this situation that would work better?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. reduce the chance of accidentally skipping to the first or latest page

If using the arrow button to load the next page instead of the swiping gesture, it's all to easy to accidentally hit 'latest' instead. This can be a nightmare if you're working your way through a lengthy archive, particularly given the lack of a "go to page..." option (though that would also only be a partial solution, since I seldom know what page I'm on).

I suggest tucking the first/latest buttons away in a menu or perhaps a panel that needs to be swiped up from the bottom, since they're very seldom used anyway. Even better would be a way…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Sort comics using folders

I would like to see the option of sorting my comics with folders, so I could arrange them by genre.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow people to see what comics you manage when they view your profile

A number of folks on here run their own comic.
    It would be cool if I could look at someone's profile and see what comic they make, instead of just their reading list and their follows.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Show overall progress on my comics page

I think it would be interesting to see how much progress I have made across all the comics I am currently reading. Essentially it would be similar to the "250/380" stats per comic, but which includes all the comics I subscribe to. It's not a major addition, but it would be fun to keep track.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Fix updating of Data Chasers

You show no new pages in over a year, but the comic is still updating. This is the last on a long list of comics I've dropped because comic rocket has either stopped tracking updates or leaves it in the state where my current bookmark is invalid.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Problem in the scan in url with ?

It seem there is a problem when scanning comic that use ? in the url.
    For exemple: Brentalfloss the comic:
    Second page: http://www.brentalflossthecomic.com/?id=2
    Third = http://www.brentalflossthecomic.com/?id=3
    Put it only found: http://www.brentalflossthecomic.com/

Same thing goes for FreakAngel. It should fount this third page: http://www.freakangels.com/?p=22&page=3

but it only found http://www.freakangels.com/?p=23

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. sort comics by updated date

You should be able to sort your comics by the last time they updated

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Stop allowing anyone who's logged in edit the contact info of any other page!

You should really stop the ability for anyone to log in and edit / add contact info to any comic they don't own.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be nice if creators could get access to their comics to upload banners.

I have requested access to my comics which have my name on every page four times over the last two months and have continued to be refused creator access. maybe an option "I am the creator of this comic" when the comic is submitted might help.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Show subscriber decline on graph in Genie

On a comic's genie I've noticed a bug in the subscribers graph. If you lose a user it doesn't accurately get reflected in the graph. It seems to remove the user from the base of the graph, so even if you lose subscribers you will only show growth. Shouldn't seeing decline in your subscribers be equally as important as seeing growth?

Also, possibly having a "Historically Highest Subscriber Count" in addition to the Current Subscriber Count could help determine if you are shedding subscribers.

Thanks.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Broken comics are not always broken!

Ok, I have a broken comic here, "Johnny Saturn" for example. I admit, the author maybe has removed something, perhaps some comments. But I´ve checked it: the comic itself is completely there! Only comic rocket does not make it to the last page anymore. A rescan works just sometimes, but some other times it scans worse than before.
    I think, the process "scanning" needs some reworking, an update!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Improve times to check for updates: use RSS feeds and update schedules

Many comic don't have their updated page listed on Rocket until half a day or later after the update.

Now by no means should I expect the system to tax itself by scanning servers more than it has to, so I would suggest two simple additions that would list updates sooner without exerting much strain on a system that already scans hundreds (if not thousands) of comics on a daily basis.

ONE:
    Subscribe to RSS feeds where applicable.
    Every comic running on Wordpress already has an RSS feed, and most other active comics do as well. When a comic is…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. add the ability to sort the My Comics list.

I'd particularly like to keep recently-read titles at the top.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Check your taskbar for bugs

Sometimes I have to reload the page for the"Mark this page" button to appear.

Some webcomics seem to have an issue with your site:

Sandra and Woo webcomic is listed on your site, but going to it through your link leads to an error page while going to it directly has no issues.

Let's Speak English webcomic can be accessed through your link, but the taskbar disappears.

Ava's Demon webcomic has only one page listed on your site while the webcomic itself has well over a thousand.

Also allow the option for users to edit their comments in case an…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Simplify and re-organize genres

Not knowing what the plans are for the "predefined list of tags and genres" or what changes may have already been made in this area already, I felt it important to... I guess "state the obvious"...

I was just looking through the select field for genres while updating the info for Woohooligan and noticing genres like "knitting" and "centaurs" and "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "adaptation of classic literature", any of which are likely to have no more than about 3 total comics in the entire world that legitimately fit into that as a "genre".

Yes, there's a comic called…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Drop down menu with unread comics when reading a comic.

I think it would be handy to have a drop down menu (or any other kind) on the comicrocket bar, that lists (some of) your unread comics. So you can read all your unread comics without having to return to the "My comics" page.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ad Statistics for Creators

I would like to be able to easily track how much revenue was made from my Comic Rocket ad space per month, rather than since the space was created.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base