I suggest you ...

let me group the serials on my user page

So I can group the serials I like to read first at the top, ones I want to start reading but haven't yet later, or any other kind of grouping I want.

239 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jamey SharpAdminJamey Sharp (Admin, Comic Rocket) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bill ParrottBill Parrott commented  · 

I have started working on a Greasemonkey script to add this functionality, as well as some other useful features. I welcome anyone who is interested to try it out and give me feedback. So far, I have basic sorting and filtering functions working pretty well, but I have less than 20 subscriptions. I'd like to get feedback from people with lots of subscriptions to let me know how it performs.

I have the script on GitHub, and you can install it directly from here:
        https://github.com/chimericdream/GreasemonkeyScripts/raw/feature/comic-rocket/dist/comic-rocket-science/comic-rocket-science.user.js

I have an issue created where I am tracking the planned features and where suggestions/feedback should go:
        https://github.com/chimericdream/GreasemonkeyScripts/issues/6

You can see a screenshot of what the current version looks like here:
        https://github.com/chimericdream/GreasemonkeyScripts/blob/feature/comic-rocket/src/comic-rocket-science/screenshot.png

I appreciate any input people are willing to provide!

• Sandman366Sandman366 commented  · 

Some way to group or any kind of sorting options or anything...nearing 600 myself and it takes a bit just for the whole thing to load. And then whatever sorting this thing uses is extremely complicated, and when there are a few series that I'm intentionally ignoring for quite some time, I end up unintentionally ignoring another simply because I didn't see it there and forgot about it. I've got a ton there that I want to start reading eventually, but I've got a few serials stuck up at the top only registering two pages. And no way to sort it myself. Grr!!

• John PaytonJohn Payton commented  · 

One of the reasons I like this site so much is that it lets me use the same bookmarks regardless of what browser I'm using. So I can use this site on my home computer, my tablet, and even (sparingly) at work.

But the work proxies block some comic sites and I'd like to be able to group those apart from the rest so I don't forget and try to navigate to them too often.

So the grouping idea would help me a lot.

• David MattesDavid Mattes commented  · 

First off, Comic Rocket was a great idea by very smart (and nerdy) people! Love-it!

I also have a number of comics that are dead and will not receive updates. I would like to be able to sort my comics using a system like you see on GoodReads. E.g. assign comics with custom and predefined labels like "currently reading" "to-read" "science" or "adventure."

• AlpineBobAlpineBob commented  · 

Custom groupings would be great, but as Alice said at the bottom, folders, or tabs, would be nice even for the groupings you already have.
        I have close to 900 comics on my rocket, so scrolling to get around can be a pain.
        Tabs would obviate the need for scrolling past hundreds of "pages to read" comics to get to the "problem" ones, or "no pages" ones.

• HerrennaHerrenna commented  · 

I'd really like to be able to tag my comics with a simple a/b/c priority and have them grouped by this priority, especially in the android app...

• Anonymous commented  · 

Ordering I would use:
        -Most pages remaining
        -Random
        -Most Recently Updated

• AlpineBobAlpineBob commented  · 

I'm up to 500 comics on my rocket, so some sorting/filtering functionality would be nice.
        Right now it is:
        comics with unread pages, sorted by fewest pages
        comics with no pages available due to technical issues, like Oglaf
        comics you've read fully, sorted alphabetically.

But sometimes I'd like to see the full list alphabetically.
        Sometimes I'd like to filter out the already read ones and see the rest alphabetically.
        Maybe some sort of tab system?
        It would be nice to have a separate Tab for Fully Read, instead of having to scroll down to find it.
        And another tab or way to filter out comics that have not updated in the last month (one can assume those are on hiatus - if such a comic updates, it gets dropped from that sort, by default.)
        Being able to sort in or out of my list by type (Fantasy, SF, NC-17, etc,), would be handy too.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Something like MyAnimeList does would be nice, but it would be even better if we could customize the way we group webcomics.

• VM BrasseurVM Brasseur commented  · 

I'd love to have this feature. What I'm looking for is something which will allow me to arbitrarily categorize/file and order my serial subscriptions. Remember how Google Reader did this (and Tiny Tiny RSS Reader still does)? That's what I'd like.

Example categories/files I might create to organize my subscriptions to my liking:
        * Graphic Novels (things which update infrequently and have long story arcs; read: save up & binge)
        * Fluff (happy things which update frequently & have no real plot)
        * Real life (more realistic serials which may require more emotional readiness and investment to read)
        * etc.

I have a multi-tenant installation of Tiny Tiny RSS on my server and will gladly provide an account to Comic Rocket if you need to poke about & research possible user-facing implementation options.

• Caleb ChildCaleb Child commented  · 

Hmm, I am switching my votes over to this.
        I previously was voting for https://comicrocket.uservoice.com/forums/70859-general/suggestions/4010929-make-a-separate-section-for-comics-that-you-ve-sta
        which really just advocates splitting the "pages to read" section into two groups; comics where you're reading new pages and comics where you're reading archives.

If nothing else, I'd like to see AT LEAST that much functionality, but being able to set custom groups is even better.

• Anya den TeulingAnya den Teuling commented  · 

This idea should be combined as, it is similar to, the sorting comics idea. I have voted for both. At the minimum I would liked them sorted alphabetically but ideally would like the option to sort by Title, Number of unread comics, update date. Collapsable folders is also a nice idea.

• JimJim commented  · 

More control over order would definitely be nice. The current order is the exact opposite of what I'd default to (most pages left at the top).

• Jay DeeJay Dee commented  · 

Or to the same point of managing display order, let us add a sort number to each comic and sort our comics by read, unread, then number OR toggle to sort alphabetically (default?)

• AliceAlice commented  · 

It would be nice if the groups were in folders that you could toggle to view their contents so as to avoid so much scrolling for those who have quite a few serials.

Feedback and Knowledge Base