I suggest you ...

Allow comic number selection in the Android App

As it is, the android app only allows "previous/next" and "first/last." A sliding bar to quickly navigate to a desired comic would be great.

40 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ichi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many a time, late at night, browsing through a comic in bed before sleeping, I have accidentally hit the First button, or the Last button. This is my fault, I know. But, it has disastrous consequences, especially on comics with a large archive (1k+ pages). Being able to navigate directly to a page without having to resort to the WebUI would be fantastic, in this situation.
        Perhaps a "safety" feature for those buttons would also be appropriate? (I haven't had time to scan all the suggestions to see if that was already submitted.)

• Nic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

heh sorry misread the original request. id see a 'enter number with keypad' as working better for a pop-up than a sliding bar

• Nic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I suggest this be added as a pop-up from press-and-hold on the page number near the bottom left

• Terry Harris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On some comics like Super Massive Black Hole . . . You can only read maybe 40 or 50 strips before you get an error that requires restarting either Comic Rocket or Android. g

• Terry Harris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes. I sometimes accidently hit the first button. It takes a lot of time to get back strip number 500. Let alone strip 2600.

• Solar Mechanic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would improve navigation and fix the problem of accidentally hitting the "first/last" button accidentally then having to tap all the way back to the right strip.

My thumb hurts :(

Feedback and Knowledge Base