I suggest you ...

Fix comics with weird structures like Oglaf

Oglaf is a very popular comic, but it is unusable on ComicRocket. The strips are not structured in a strict serial fashion. Every Sunday there is a new story. Sometimes the story is just one page. Sometimes the story is several pages. There are both next story and next page links on the site.

To properly read Oglaf in a serial fashion you just click next page until there are no more next pages. Then click next story just once. Then click next page until there are no more pages. Repeat. It's a for loop inside another for loop. The way the site is structured now, you can only read the first two pages of Oglaf with comicrocket. It's the only comic I can not read on this site.

39 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AprecheApreche shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Jamey SharpAdminJamey Sharp (Admin, Comic Rocket) responded  · 

We were indexing Oglaf just fine until they changed how they display their “I am over 18” warning. (Frankly, I have fun just reading that warning every once in a while.)

Unfortunately our crawler is only five years old and can’t click the “I am over 18” button, so it never finds any pages. I haven’t been able to get a response from the creators of Oglaf about this issue, so I’m at a bit of a loss. But obviously I’d like to fix it!

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • SteelgripSteelgrip commented  · 

Oglaf twitter is active and responsive. Back in 2013 they were busy and stopped updating Platnium Grit which is a hard one to scrape.

• PyrianaPyriana commented  · 

Oglaf is one of my favorite comics, and the funny thing is, not only do they have "next stories" but sometimes the stories have bonus panels that are on a separate link.

• HrrHftgHrrHftg commented  · 

Yeah, all other comics are working fine for me as well. Would be really nice if this could be fixed or else it doesn't make much sense to even list this comic.

Feedback and Knowledge Base