I suggest you ...

provide a way to show a comic's alt-text or title in the android app.

Many comics - like XKCD, Dr McNinja, Shortpacked, Dinosaur Comics, etc - have an additional joke or comment that appears when you hover over the image, either using the img tag's "title" or "alt" attributes. On most mobile browsers, there's no way to view this text, because there's no sense of mouse hover. I don't know how much control you have over the page rendering in the app, but if you could show that text by tapping or holding on images, that would be great.

194 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    David JohnsonDavid Johnson shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Roger McCoyRoger McCoy commented  · 

If the app has difficulty distinguishing which image is the "comic", I'm fine with just layering title texts under every applicable image at the risk of some ugliness, although I don't know that everyone would agree with that.

Maybe have a "Show title texts" button if this is a potential issue.

• AdrianoAdriano commented  · 

Agreed, some of those title-text jokes are like extra panels, so this is a pretty major loss when reading on mobile.

• remeranAuthorremeranAuthor commented  · 

Clicking and Holding for a couple seconds until the phone/tablet buzzes at you is a feature you could control. Many applications treat this as a right click. ComicRocket could treat this as a "Show me the Title Tag."

Feedback and Knowledge Base