I suggest you ...

Register comic progression if I use the nav buttons on comic's native page

I dislike moving back to the top of every page to advance the comic, and honestly, I'm just used to navigating the comic through the links the comic provides. It's very annoying when I advance through a few pages only to discover that Comic rocket thinks I'm still behind.

The system already identifies what the next entry in a comic is. How hard can it be to recognize when I have tried advancing a page already?

7 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Caleb Child shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminJosh Triplett (Admin, Comic Rocket) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would absolutely love to do this; however, it isn't actually possible with current web technologies, in the absence of a browser extension, mobile app, or similar.

(Technical details: Comic Rocket's reader displays the comic site in an iframe, and the host page holding an iframe isn't allowed to read the current URL from the iframe.)

• Caleb Child commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or at least have a button on the nav bar to scan for what page I have open and then update accordingly.

Feedback and Knowledge Base