I suggest you ...

Provide support for right-to-left comics.

One comic in particular, Carciphona, is structured so that not only is reading from right to left, but the links for "next page" and "previous page" are switched, with next on the left and previous on the right. Perhaps add radio buttons for "left-to-right" and "right-to-left" on the edit page?

8 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Sierra Randolph shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Alice commented  · 

I changed the links for Carciphona to the mangamagazine mirror so it'll crawl. Might be the best we can do for now.

• AdminJosh Triplett (Admin, Comic Rocket) commented  · 

Ah, I see. In that case, it might help to know that Comic Rocket doesn't take the reading direction into account at all when scanning comics; it'll still treat the link on the left-hand side of that comic as a "next" link. No hint needed. Just make sure when you add the comic to treat the "rightmost" comic as "first", and the next one to the left as "second", and the crawler should find the rest.

• Sierra Randolph commented  · 

Fair point. The uniform navigation bar is part of why I really enjoy reading with Comic Rocket, so I don't have to worry about various quirks. However, I may have misworded my intention of the suggestion: not to reverse the Comic Rocket navigation (because it's awesome as is), but to better scan reversed comics. That's all. =) That's what the radio button option would provide: a notification to the software to look for alternate placements of navigation links. The navigation bar shouldn't change, no no no.

• AdminJosh Triplett (Admin, Comic Rocket) commented  · 

We've seen quite a bit of quirky navigation on various comics, but Comic Rocket quite intentionally always provides the same navigation bar on every comic, so that the reader always has the same uniform navigation controls in the same places every time. If comic-specific navigation bars ever show up, they should really have a per-user option to enable/disable them.

Feedback and Knowledge Base