I suggest you ...

Add an advanced "Next Page" detection system, to allow readers to fix broken serials

Broken serials may be broken due to inconsistencies in how successive pages are indicated. If there was a system by which readers could adaptively teach the scanner where to find the next page, this could possibly cure that problem. How it would work:

1) Reader specifies and loads a page from a serial, which loads in a special frame.
2) Reader indicates the appropriate button or link to access the next page.
3) The next page is loaded in the special frame, and the system indicates where it thinks the _next_ page can be found. The reader then clicks the button or link that _actually_ goes to the subsequent page.
4) If the highlighted widget and the clicked widget are the same, the pattern is confirmed. If not, the pattern is adjusted to fit.
5) Repeat until consistent matches occur.
6) Reader then has the option to go to any page where they've noticed a problem and correct where the scanner is looking for the next page.

The point of all this is so that comics like Otherworld don't wind up stuck at 5 pages forever, when they've really got over a hundred. Somehow, your scanner isn't detecting the next pages past that point, and I'd love to dig in and help fix it.

28 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Elliott Seyler shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tumbler based comics like Sarah's scribbles and Sad animal facts never get past two pages. Then there is ava's demon which flips back and forth between video and comic.

Some things just need more hands on guidance. This service is awsome. We will help!

The crawler is pretty dismal at detecting anything more than basic HTML. It wouldnt be that difficult to improve. Hopefully they are working on it.

I support this idea or some other way of associating pages. I'm reading several comics where the page number indicated is not the actual number. I can see that the problem is the way in which the authors name the pages but there is not a way to add new pages and correct the problem.

Feedback and Knowledge Base