General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Prefetching link/hint for next page

Whenever a user is viewing a comic page, Comic Rocket should include a prefetching link (hint) pointing to the next page, to speedup the loading of said next page.

A brief despription of prefetching from the MDC Link Prefetching FAQ:

Link prefetching is a browser mechanism, which utilizes browser idle time to download or prefetch documents that the user might visit in the near future. A web page provides a set of prefetching hints to the browser, and after the browser is finished loading the page, it begins silently prefetching specified documents and stores them in its cache. When the…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Use RSS feed when adding a new serial

Today I was transferring all of my web comics from Google Reader to Comic Rocket.

Several of them were in a format which did not easily enable me to get "start at...then go to...then do..." information in order to add them to CR. Mostly these are comics which do not have a "start from the beginning" link and only display their archives in reverse order.

They *do*, however, all have RSS feeds. It may be possible to extract the "start, then, then" information from the feed data.

This would make it remarkably easier for users to add serials to the…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Unfortunately, it turns out that most RSS feeds don’t list the complete comic, just the most recent pages; that would tell you where the comic ends, not where it starts. It’s still theoretically possible for us to make use of that information, though.

4. Show 'Unread Pages' or 'New Pages' under 'Reading $num comics'

At the top of the right side bar there's a box with my Gravatar, my Sharing setting and 'Reading $num comics.' It would be handy for it also to show:

1) Total number of unread pages in my comics and/or
    2) New pages in my comics

This would make it easy for me to see at a glance just how much I have to read on my comics page.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ad glitch (photo linked)

Before a comic finishes loading, the screen is replaced with a fullscreen series of "From Elsewhere On The Web" ads, making the comic itself unreadable. It's been going on for a few days, please fix this!

Screenshot: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/chrismills/Region%20capture%204_zpsitbejaro.png

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Which comic was this in? There shouldn’t be any way Comic Rocket could cause that, but I’d certainly want to fix it if we are. Most likely you’d need to contact the comic’s creator, though.

• Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base